Monday, September 8, 2014

Tax Refund Scam

A few minutes ago I posted a copy of an e-mail purportedly from the French fisc offering me a tax refund. As I should have realized at once, the e-mail was a phishing scam, and the links in it should not be clicked. I've taken the post down, but some of you may have received a copy through a subscription service. Don't click on the links.


Steven Rendall said...

I received the same or a similar phishing message about two months ago, so it has been around for a while.

DavidinParis said...

I received the same email. How come I knew it was a scam? Because using email by the government is way too 21st century...dead give away. If they mailed it with a form that needed to be cut our with scissors, placed into an envelope with a stamp, I might have been fooled.