Thursday, April 9, 2015

Jihad on TV5Monde

As I sat down last night to watch the JT 20h de France2 on TV5Monde, as I do most nights, I expected to see a recap of the Le Pen vs. Le Pen heavyweight cage match. Instead I saw a screen announcing that for technical reasons, the program could not be presented. Only this morning did I learn the reason: the international French channel had been hacked by cyberjihadists from ISIS. Srsly? as the kids say. This hits home! Taking over Iraq and Syria is one thing, but interfering with Plus Belle la Vie is another! C'est la guerre jusqu'au bout ...

4 comments:

bert said...

TV5Monde's PDG is Mr Bigot.


...

Amused me, anyway.

bert said...

Sorry, I should probably be taking it more seriously. But the most important result from this will be a valuable bit of demand-led reflation in the corporate network security sector.
All your base are belong to western capitalism, suckers.

MCG said...

I enjoyed your post. As you doubtless know, you can watch David Pujadas and company on the computer, no TV5Monde.

Cheers,

Mary

bert said...

Much as I would like to take this more seriously (those responsible being seriously unpleasant people), the people on the receiving end are making this difficult.

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-jt/france-2/13-heures/jt-de-13h-du-jeudi-9-avril-2015_866269.html

At 3m45, have a look. Taped up in open view behind his head, passwords for their online accounts.