Thursday, June 11, 2015

French-American Foundation

On Tuesday I received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the French-American Foundation. My friend David Bell, professor of history at Princeton, made the presentation. I can't say enough in praise of the French-American and Florence Gould Foundations, which have subsidized many translations throughout the years and honored numerous translators with their prizes. The intellectual relationship between France and the United States would not be the same without the work of these two foundations. Below is a photograph of me making my acceptance speech:


6 comments:

Mitch Guthman said...

Congratulations on a very well deserved honor!

Ron Morin said...

Very cool, Goldie.
Ron

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am a regular reader of your blog and have always appreciated your thoughts and your takes on all things French.

Steven Rendall said...

I wish I could have heard your speech. Any chance you could make it available on your publications webpage?

FrédéricLN said...

Congratulations! That's obviously well deserved.

I'll add that your portrait published some months ago encouraged me to do one page of translation — Leonard Cohen's "I'm your man" into French. My microscopic contribution to the Canadian-French relationship.

Cincinna said...

Congratulations on this prestigious, well deserved award.