Monday, September 14, 2015

Stanley Hoffmann, 1928-2015

Austrian-born, French-educated, Stanley Hoffman taught generations of Americans about French and European politics and international relations. I was proud to call him my mentor and friend. He died this weekend. My remembrance of him is published here.


Thomas Holzman said...

Thanks for posting the link to your tribute to Stanley. He was a good friend of my parents and leaves an enormously important legacy to future generations who study France and Europe. Truly a giant and a good man.

Tom Holzman

Mike James said...

A few moments ago I finished reading your interesting remembrance of Hoffmann. The high quality of its prose delighted me. Thank you for writing it.

Randy Schoenberg said...

I just saw the sad news. Stanley's mother Mela Hoffmann was best friends with my gg-aunt Mela Schwarz.